We want people in Finland to be well.
Good leisure activities play a central role in creating well-being. That is why we need sufficient opportunities for both exercise and cultural activities.
Finland is not just the land of the thousand lakes – it is the land of the thousand associations. Volunteer-organized events create a sense of community and quality of life. Culture, sport, local and associations’ activities strengthen identity and social capital and play an important role in our society.
We want to
- create the conditions for offering equal and gender-equal possibilities for sport training and other leisure hobbies
- increase how much people in Finland exercise, and thus their well-being
- see active measures for tackling drug abuse
- see sound, healthy schools, senior homes and other public buildings
- secure associations’ activities through freedom from taxation and avoidance of needless permit and application procedures
- see culture supported by the state, but not directed by it
- secure small theatres’ operating conditions
- see cultural policy contribute to greater diversity and a wider cultural offering
- see our cultural institutions have good operating conditions and for the Swedish-language theatre (Svenska Teatern) to have the status of a national theatre