We want to see a senior-friendly society where all seniors can feel safe.
When you grow old you should be able to live safely in your own home for as long as you want to. But when you can no longer live at home, there should be a safe new place for you to live. An important part of feeling safe when one grows older is receiving services in one’s native language, which must be guaranteed.
We want to
- see home help and home nursing work
- see you be able to live in a new, homely place when you can no longer live at home. For that reason, there should be enough assisted living places available at a reasonable cost.
- see all family carers have equal rights to compensation and rest. Have family carers’ compensation be transferred to Kela
- give older people encouragement and opportunities for training to use digital technology, virtual networks and online health portals
- secure advice and online services for older people in both Swedish and Finnish and for them to be available in an understandable format, easily accessible and easy to use
- give municipal senior councils concrete influence on the development of services for seniors
- provide real opportunities to take part in working life after pension age
- reduce older people’s loneliness
- establish a national ombudsman for seniors
- see the guaranteed pension deliver a decent income
- promote opportunities for voluntary work in senior care